This role requires a visionary leader who can navigate the dynamic digital landscape, shape engaging narratives, and drive content excellence while understanding the nuances of the regional audience and digital platforms.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
- Content Strategy: Determine and select content and stories to cover, aligning with brand objectives and editorial viewpoint. Delivering high quality content from concept to production (storytelling).
- Collaboration: Work closely with the Lovin team and regional Smashi team to craft compelling stories and content.
- Commercial Creativity: Contribute to creative commercial initiatives while ensuring alignment with brand messaging and goals.
- Audience Growth: Curate content to attract and grow the audience, leveraging various formats and platforms.
- Brand Alignment: Collaborate with brand editorial viewpoints to ensure content coherence and consistency. and ensure that the final product/s meets our quality standards and customer specifications.
- Media Production: Utilize studio resources for audio and video content production.
- Project Management: Oversee content projects from conceptualization to release, managing timelines and resources effectively, Driving reach, reputation and revenue across all content and production lines.
- Partnerships: Hold meetings with creators, fostering content partnerships to enhance storytelling.
- Programming Decisions: Make critical decisions regarding content programming and scheduling.
- Shift Management: Determine shift work and schedules for content production and dissemination.
- Feedback and Approval: Provide regular feedback on content quality, approve selections, and refine story packaging for optimal presentation.
- Digital Discovery: Engage in digital content discovery, understanding trends and duration preferences of the audience.
- ODEUM Oversight: Oversee the offering of content within ODEUM, ensuring quality and relevance.
- Innovation: Drive innovation by exploring new formats for text, audio, and video content.
- Proficiency in Arabic language.
- Strong understanding of the region’s culture, preferences, and media landscape.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism or Media studies, Communications, or related field.
- 5-7 years of proven experience in digital content creation or production.
- Proficiency in content management systems, digits and storytelling.
- Keen interest and obsession with exploring and adopting new media formats.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, SEO, and social media platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Bring a positive attitude to work with problem solving attitude
- Supporting the team across other activities we participate in to achieve team goals
- Teaching others your skills and learning from others in order to grow
- Assist in fostering a high performance led culture
- Act as a strong leader with the ability to listen effectively and influence a team
- Ensure your team of executives are motivated, and on track with their deliverables and trained on necessary tools
- Apply emotional intelligence in your role as Line Manager; develop SMART performance career plans for direct report/s, successfully manage employee issues and difficult employee communications
- Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills, promote loyalty, enthusiasm and culture of a practice or the office through training and/or other responsibilities
- Promoting Augustus as a great place to work, ensuring positivity is championed and your team feels prepared to live out the 3 core values
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Grow your presence in the industry, including relationships within agency partners and industry bodies to support professional stature
- Complete mandatory training
The consumption of media is ever present, yet the mediums and the means are ever evolving. We are a ‘New Media’ company, born in one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the Middle East. Our vision is to establish and maintain a ‘New Order’ of media advertising with data and content at the heart of everything we do.
Augustus is a Middle Eastern digital media company based in Dubai and Riyadh and has been designed to adapt and evolve to this perpetually changing media environment. Our mission is to be the ‘New Media’ company of choice in the Middle East by generating profitable growth through innovation and breaking the mold in marketing communications.
We understand that achieving our mission is based upon strong values and we have identified three that sit right at our core.
- Ingenuity: There is a bit of genius in everything we do. We take pride in our creative originality.
- Tenacity: Good things come to those who work for them. We always persevere and persist.
- Velocity: High level performance is about speed and momentum. We are fast and agile in how we think, operate and how we act