The role of Managing Director, Augustus Misr is to direct and manage the company’s business activities, overlook and drive content performance, and implement effective business strategies. The Managing Director will oversee staff, hiring, budget allocation and the overall operations of the business. We are looking for a disciplined and motivated individual to be part of a fast-growing media company, publishers of Lovin Dubai, Lovin Cairo, Lovin Saudi and Smashi tv.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
– A degree in journalism, marketing, or media studies
– At least 10 years experience in the digital field including managing teams
– Solid understanding of the use of a range of streaming, digital and social media platforms
– Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
– Strong communication and people skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
– Leadership qualities to lead and motivate the team
– Excellent team working skills, collaborating and networking skills
– Organizational skills, with the capacity to prioritize and work across multiple projects
– Project and campaign management skills
– The ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic
– Develop, implement and manage our market strategy
– Working closely with Marketing Communications, introducing new and creative growth strategies, educating all Augustus teams on the conformance of digital content
– Manage and oversee social media content
– Measure the success of every social media campaign
– Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
– Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
– Adhere to the rules and regulations
– Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
– Provide constructive feedback and present to senior management
– Develop and monitor campaigns’ budgets
– Plan and monitor our social media platforms
– Maintaining our social media presence across all digital channels
– Research competitors and provide suggestions for improvement
– Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
– Oversee recruitment and HR within the organization
– Work closely with department heads on Finance, Content, and Commercial
– Assist in fostering a high performance led culture
– Bring along a positive, collaborative, ready to learn attitude at all times
– Develop SMART performance objectives alongside your line manager
– Promoting Augustus as a great place to work, ensuring positivity is championed and your team feels prepared to live out the 3 core values
– Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
– Grow your presence in the industry, including relationships within agency partners and industry bodies to support professional stature
– Complete mandatory training
The consumption of media is ever-present, yet the mediums and the means are ever-evolving. We are a ‘New Media’ company, born in one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the Middle East. Our vision is to establish and maintain a ‘New Order’ of media advertising with data and content at the heart of everything we do.
Augustus is a Middle Eastern digital media company based in Dubai, Cairo and Riyadh and has been designed to adapt and evolve to this perpetually changing media environment. Our mission is to be the ‘New Media’ company of choice in the Middle East by generating profitable growth through innovation and breaking the mold in marketing communications.
We understand that achieving our mission is based upon strong values and we have identified three that sit right at our core.
– Ingenuity: There is a bit of genius in everything we do. We take pride in our creative originality.
– Tenacity: Good things come to those who work for them. We always persevere and persist.
– Velocity: High-level performance is about speed and momentum. We are fast and agile in how we think, operate and how we act.
To apply, fill out the form on the careers page, or send an email with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org