The role of Lead Developer at Augustus Media is to manage the development team, analyze project requirements, plan tasks to meet deadlines and oversee the company products making sure they’re always fully functional and meet internal/external expectations.
The ideal candidate should have expertise in Laravel, WordPress, and Vue.js and be capable of managing their time and tasks efficiently.
The ability to collaborate and work as a team player is essential. Knowledge of cloud services like AWS and Google Cloud is a plus, and familiarity with React, Angular, Nuxt is advantageous.
REPORT TO: Tech Lead
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Proven 5+ years experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role with a strong portfolio.
- Expertise in Laravel, WordPress, and Vue.js.
- Familiarity with React, Angular, and Nuxt is a plus.
- Ability to refactor code, work with design patterns, algorithms, and microservices patterns.
- Strong time management and task management skills.
- Commitment to meeting project deadlines and delivering high-quality work.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Cloud services knowledge, especially AWS and Google Cloud, is beneficial.
- Develop high-quality web applications using Laravel, WordPress, and Vue.js.
- Lead and mentor fellow development team members, providing guidance and support.
- Analyze project requirements and plan development tasks.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within scope.
- Collaborate with front-end and back-end developers, designers, and other stakeholders.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud) and the ability to integrate them into projects
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones & responsiveness of applications
- Designing and developing APIs
- must communicate with agility, work in a fast-paced environment, and remain comfortable working across backgrounds.
- writing Technical and End-user documentation.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
- The chance to work on exciting and diverse projects.
- Access to the latest technologies and tools.
- Assist in fostering a high performance led culture
- Bring along a positive, collaborative, ready to learn attitude at all times
- Develop SMART performance objectives alongside your line manager
- Promoting Augustus as a great place to work, ensuring positivity is championed and your team feels prepared to live out the 3 core values
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Grow your presence in the industry, including relationships within agency partners and industry bodies to support professional stature
- Complete mandatory training
The consumption of media is ever present, yet the mediums and the means are ever evolving. We are a ‘New Media’ company, born in one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the Middle East. Our vision is to establish and maintain a ‘New Order’ of media advertising with data and content at the heart of everything we do.
Augustus is a Middle Eastern digital media company based in Dubai and Riyadh and has been designed to adapt and evolve to this perpetually changing media environment. Our mission is to be the ‘New Media’ company of choice in the Middle East by generating profitable growth through innovation and breaking the mold in marketing communications.
We understand that achieving our mission is based upon strong values and we have identified three that sit right at our core.
- Ingenuity: There is a bit of genius in everything we do. We take pride in our creative originality.
- Tenacity: Good things come to those who work for them. We always persevere and persist.
- Velocity: High level performance is about speed and momentum. We are fast and agile in how we think, operate and how we act