We are hiring a Legal Manager, the role will be to manage and provide counsel for the business operations, by giving proactive, professional, competent, effective and creative legal support. You’ll need to bring negotiation, drafting skills and business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business. You will collaborate with local and regional business leaders as well as with supporting areas (Finance, Admin, Accounting & HR) advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the Company’s businesses. We are looking for someone who is well experienced, assumes ownership of company projects and is proactive in their approach and plans.
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities,
- Good understanding of media law, tax law & employment law
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts including but not limited to those related to all subsidiaries.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Represent the department as required in liaison with the CEO, CFO, Managing Directors and Department Heads.
- Ethics and Compliance and governance services.
- To anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations.
- To secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- To proactively create and maintain awareness of business employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Manage joint ventures of the company
- Manage labour contracts, Shareholder agreements, partnership documents and other legal documents
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (lawyers, regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Work with the current content team on cyber security
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Manage website terms & conditions, client contracts, sales agreements and retainers for the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law with strong academic credentials
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters
- A passion for technology and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Knowledge of local and international legal laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Assist in fostering a high performance led culture
- Bring along a positive, collaborative, ready-to-learn attitude at all times
- Develop SMART performance objectives alongside your line manager
- Promoting Augustus as a great place to work, ensuring positivity is championed and your team
- feels prepared to live out the 3 core values
The consumption of media is ever-present, yet the mediums and the means are ever-evolving. We are a ‘New Media’ company, born in one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the Middle East. Our vision is to establish and maintain a ‘New Order’ of media advertising with data and content at the heart of everything we do.
Augustus is a Middle Eastern digital media company based in Dubai and Riyadh and has been designed to adapt and evolve to this perpetually changing media environment. Our mission is to be the ‘New Media’ company of choice in the Middle East by generating profitable growth through innovation and breaking the mould in marketing communications.
We understand that achieving our mission is based upon strong values and we have identified three that sit right at our core.
- Ingenuity: There is a bit of genius in everything we do. We take pride in our creative originality.
- Tenacity: Good things come to those who work for them. We always persevere and persist.
- Velocity: High-level performance is about speed and momentum. We are fast and agile in how we think, operate and how we act.
To apply please fill out the form in the careers section or send an email to email@example.com
If you wish to apply via LinkedIn, click here.